Monday, April 12, 2010

Reflections

Just a few thoughts before bed.....


As I sit here tonight, reflecting on the last year of our life and how much has changed, Im fighting back the tears! Where has time gone? Next month, just 5 weeks away, my little bundle of joy, the same one I brought home "yesterday" from the hospital, will be one years old. I am constantly amazed at what she is learning everyday. Shes repeating words, getting into EVERYthing, and stealing mine and her daddys heart daily.
This time last year I was sitting in my apartment, in Alaska, wondering what my little baby girl would be like, what my life would be like, what childbirth would be like... it feels like yesterday. God has blessed us more than I could have ever imagined.


I have a friend Ive been talking to alot lately who has humbled me more than she knows. She is in a wheelchair, has been pretty much all her life. She texts me alot and tells me whats going on in her life (and I love our conversations) but frequently she is facing some struggle I have taken for granted everyday. When I wake up in the morning, bright and early, to go walk with my friends, I take for granted the fact that I can do so. When I get home, I jump in the shower trying to hurry before the baby wakes up, and again I take for granted the fact that I can shower myself.  I try to remind myself as I start to gripe about all the toys in the floor, the dishes in the sink, the clothes in the hamper, that God blessed me with the money to buy all of these things and the ability to pick them up. How many times a day do we go through our everyday routine, taking God for granted? How many times during the week do we take those that we love the most for granted?


James 4:14 says "whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away." Last night, I was reading an article about a mine where an explosion happened killing many. Those men left that morning thinking they were coming home that evening. I wonder when they kissed their wife goodbye, what she was thinking. She had no idea that was the last time she would kiss him goodbye, the last time she would see expression on his face, the last time she would hear him say "I love you." I pray that I will never really know how she feels. I cant imagine being in that position. The families and friends of these men will be in my prayers. I hope they can find comfort in God, through His word.


Remember as you go through the day today to tell those you love how much they mean to you. Remember not to take for granted your daily activities. Remember God and His blessings! Remember to study your Bible and live by His word alone, for it's all that matters in the end.


<3~~ME~~<3
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble" ~Matt 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment